I am reminded that some of the core values expressed by our club include meeting interesting people, forming lasting friendships, visiting interesting places, and creating lasting memories.
If you have been unable to attend one of the four MWC rallies so far this year, you are truly missing out on the benefits of membership. Chapter membership is considered one of the most rewarding benefits of membership in FMCA. As Charlie Adcock, FMCA President promotes, “It’s all about having fun.”
This is to remind you that there are three more rallies planned for the year. And you still have an opportunity to join with us at the last two. The August rally, hosted by Ray Taylor at Tall Timbers in Port Clinton is at capacity, but you can still join us at the Seneca County Fairgrounds in Tiffin on September 11-14 or at Geneva on the Lake, Indian Creek Camping Resort on October 9-12, hosted by the Kolbes.
Come on out and meet new friends, visit new places and create lasting memories that you won’t forget.
Some of the highlights of our July rally at the Richland County Fairgrounds included:
• The welcoming of Larry and Donny Gordon, guests of the Bogarts, from Texas. They are members of the South Renegades Chapter of FMCA.
• The receiving of a donation, from Mary Fowler, of a wireless audio system for use by the Club for its meetings.
• The completion of the installation of a brick in Tim Fowler’s memory at the RV/MH Hall of Fame in Elkhart, Indiana.
• A discussion on MWC identification tags to be available to the club membership for placement on coaches.
• The election of Penny Rowley as a temporary delegate to represent MWC at the Redmond, Oregon, FMCA rally in August.
• The establishment of a Midwest/Knights 50th anniversary fund to track the revenues and expenses for our 50th year celebration in May, 2015.
• Heard a report on Glamarama 2014 and plans for the 2015 rally, on June 3-7, back in Goshen, Indiana, and in Lima, Ohio in 2016.
• Learned that rally masters are still needed to host rallies in 2015. Please contact Steve Juliano if you have ideas on a special campground or activity taking place in 2015.
Those attending enjoyed a special treat with a luncheon at the Gottfried’s cottage at Holiday Lakes in Willard, Ohio and a pontoon boat ride around the lake with help from neighbors Harry and Charlie and their boats. Fun was had by all at this leisure activity.
We also visited the Shiloh Fireman’s Ox Roast for lunch and toured the Amish countryside.
Please plan on joining us at one of our next rallies. You won’t be disappointed